Professional Legal Services
Administrators Association of Erie Community College (AAECC)
The Administrators Association of Erie Community College (AAECC) is seeking an experienced labor attorney to represent its members in a variety of legal matters, including contract violations (grievances and PERB), contract negotiations, and litigated matters.
Scope of Services
The selected attorney will be responsible for the following:
- Represent AAECC members in grievances and PERB proceedings.
- Provide counsel to the Negotiation team for the collective bargaining agreements on behalf of AAECC members.
- Represent the AAECC in litigation related to labor and employment matters.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to AAECC Executive Committee on a variety of labor and employment issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Significant experience representing labor unions in grievances, PERB proceedings, contract negotiations, and litigation.
- In-depth knowledge of labor and employment law, including the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) Act, and relevant case law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively with elected union representatives and members.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals are due by November 22, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST. Candidates can respond via email to AAECC President Katie Koch at Koch.email@example.com or submit proposals via U.S. Postal Service to:
Katie Koch, AAECC President, UAW International Region 9, 35 George Karl Blvd, Suite # 100, Buffalo, NY 14221.
Email submissions are preferred.
Your proposal should include the following:
- A letter outlining your qualifications and experience, highlighting relevant achievements and demonstrable success in representing labor unions in grievances, PERB proceedings, contract negotiations, and litigation.
- Your résumé, detailing your professional background, education, and any specific certifications or training related to labor and employment law (résumé is preferred, but is optional).
- Your hourly rate and retainer requirement, clearly stating your billing structure and terms.
- References (optional), providing contact information for individuals who can attest to your qualifications and experience.
The AAECC will review all proposals and contact candidates by December 1, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Koch at Koch.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.