NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES seeks to hire a Staff Paralegal for Housing Cases in our Batavia Office. Paralegal will be responsible for supporting attorneys, counsel and advice, case management, intake, and community education. Must be able to apply laws to facts of presenting cases. May have the opportunity to work on cases relating to other matters, such as public benefits, family law, disability law, and consumer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree, or Associate degree in Paralegal Studies, with 0-3 years of experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Sensitivity to the needs of financially disadvantaged and disabled persons;
- Previous experience working with low-income and/or underserved communities preferred;
- Second language fluency preferred; and
- Legal Services background, or knowledge of general civil legal work preferred.
Training and mentoring will be provided as needed.
NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES is a unionized organization with excellent benefits and pay of up to $68,553 depending on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to HR@nls.org with the subject line STAFF PARALEGAL BATAVIA.
Applications will be accepted and processed upon receipt until the position is filled, but interested applicants are strongly urged to apply by February 28, 2022.
NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to hearing from you!