Harter Secrest & Emery LLP is looking for an attorney to join the firm in its health care, higher education, and human services practice group in our Rochester or Buffalo offices. This is a multi-disciplinary group including attorneys specializing in non-profit organizations, general corporate matters, taxation, health care, and higher education. Our ideal candidate will be focused in the non-profit organizations area, with general corporate, commercial, and tax experience. Experience or specialization in the health care areas covered by the health care attorneys in the practice group is beneficial, but not required. The ideal candidate will have at least three to seven years of experience with the following:
- Non-profit formation, regulation and compliance;
- General corporate matters;
- General contractual matters;
- Taxation, particularly taxation of non-profit organizations;
- General transactional experience (mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations); and
- Regulatory, corporate and governance issues relating to health care organization
Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong academic background. Enthusiasm for client service and business development is essential.
As of this posting, the estimated annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 – $140,000. Actual base salary will be based upon criteria such as experience, qualifications and skill level. We are an EEO Employer.*
* The salaries noted are good faith estimates of the salary ranges for the positions in our Buffalo and Rochester offices at the time of posting. The estimates do not include other forms of compensation or benefits, including but not limited to, insurance, PTO, market-leading retirement contributions, and bonus.
Applicants should submit their materials via our online application and reach out to Meghan Frederick with any questions.