As a community, the University of Rochester is defined by a deep commitment to Meliora - Ever Better. Embedded in that ideal are the values we share: Equity, Leadership, Integrity, Openness, Respect, and Accountability. Together, we will set the highest standards for how we treat each other to ensure our community is welcoming to all and is a place where all can thrive.
The University of Rochester’s Office for Equity & Inclusion is seeking an Equal Opportunity & Title IX Investigator. The Equal Opportunity & Title IX Investigator investigates complaints of protected class harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct and violence. As an advisor to all University faculty, staff and students, the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Investigator conducts investigations in ways that build trust within the University community, cultivating a fair and just climate, culture, and community overall.
This will be achieved by:
- Assessing the content of complaints and making appropriate judgments about which sources of information to consult to determine the need for investigation versus other means of resolution. When appropriate, connect associated individuals with resources that may provide support, guidance and assistance.
- Timely communication with complainants, respondents and others regarding the plan, timeline and findings, using discretion, impartiality and confidentiality. Exercise professional judgment to change investigation plans as appropriate.
- Presenting findings in reports to decision-makers across the University. Findings will be factual and clearly analyze whether or not the specific allegations have been substantiated by the investigation.
- Close coordination with the Director of Equal Opportunity Investigations, the Title IX Coordinator, and the University’s Offices of Equity & Inclusion to ensure strategic alignment of work and forward movement of processes.
The qualified candidate will have:
- A Juris Doctorate
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in civil litigation
- Experience conducting investigations in a higher-education, nonprofit or other relevant setting.
- Extensive knowledge of the federal and state laws and elements of proof pertaining to civil rights, discrimination, harassment and affirmative action.
Job ID: 230001
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.