NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES, the largest free civil legal services provider in western New York, seeks an organized, energetic attorney/leader/manager with a passion for justice and strong team spirit to become its next Deputy Director. Ten+ years of professional experience preferred.
While all applications are welcome, the ideal candidate will have many of these experiences and skills:
- Passionate, demonstrated commitment to providing legal assistance to low-income individuals, families and communities
- Collaborative communication and interpersonal skills
- Belief in value of/Ability to foster a diverse workplace
- Strong management and advocacy leadership skills, with an emphasis upon supporting both Union and Management
- Highly organized visionary and strategic thinker who can prioritize and integrate short- and long-term goals
- Background in labor law, finance, grant writing and/or compliance
- Credible and discrete, with a high level of integrity and the ability to work with highly confidential and privileged information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES has offices in Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Batavia, New York, a budget in excess of $7 million (about one-fifth of which comes from the Legal Services Corporation) and a staff of 34 attorneys, 27 paralegals and 12 administrative professionals.
NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES is committed both to effective representation of individual clients and to build its advocacy capacity to have a systemic impact on the laws, policies and practices that affect low-income Western New Yorkers. Each year NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES helps thousands of clients with housing, family, domestic violence, government benefits, health and disability problems.
The Deputy Director will serve as a key part of NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES’ senior management team and will assist NLS’ Executive Director in determining and implementing agency priorities.
The Deputy Director will be responsible for management of the program’s primary internal operations with NLS’ Executive Director, overseeing and supervising human resources/collective bargaining issues, grant compliance and program resource allocation.
The Deputy Director will work closely with NLS’ team of Supervising Attorneys.
The salary and benefits package is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additional information about NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES is available at www.nls.org.
To apply, please send a resumé and cover letter to HR@nls.org with the subject line: DEPUTY DIRECTOR
Applications will be accepted and processed upon receipt until the position is filled, but interested applicants are strongly urged to apply by February 28, 2022.
NEIGHBORHOOD LEGAL SERVICES is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to hearing from you!