CAREER OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
COUNTY OF GENESEE
ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY
This position involves responsibility for assisting the County Attorney in representing Genesee County and performing all duties pertaining to the County Attorney’s office as may be directed by the County Attorney with the vast majority of the responsibilities involving representing the Genesee County Department of Social Services (DSS)
AVAILABILITY: Immediately upon hiring completion
COMPENSATION: $66,254 - $83,812, depending upon experience, with retirement and health benefits
Position is eligible for Loan Forgiveness Program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: License to practice law in the State of New York.
DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Represent DSS in proceedings and actions involving child abuse, child neglect, child support, foster care and termination of parental rights.
- Process adult protective proceedings
- Process claims against estates and individuals financially responsible for public assistance recipients
- Medicaid Lien recovery
- Provide legal advice and consultation to DSS Personnel for matters relating to children’s services, family services, adult services, paternity and financial assistance.
- Prosecute and defend appeals as assigned
- Prosecute Juvenile delinquents, persons in need of supervision and Family Offenses in Family Court
- Provide ongoing legal advice and initiate legal actions as required by the County Attorney and the DSS Commissioner
- Assist the County Attorney and other Departments as assigned by the County Attorney
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT: Successful completion of a background investigation will be required prior to appointment. Special requirements apply to an appointment made in the Child Support Unit within the Department of Social Services.
SUBMIT RESUME WITH GENESEE COUNTY APPLICATION (www.co.genesee.ny.us) TO: Kevin D. Earl, Esq., Genesee Co. Attorney, 7 Main St., Batavia, NY 14020