The world’s greatest innovators rely on Calspan, as evidenced by our track record of successfully providing high-quality independent engineering design, test, and research services for more than 70 years to the aerospace and transportation industries. We are looking for a full time motivated Corporate Counsel to manage and support legal, compliance and risk management matters and projects, including without limitation a wide variety of commercial and government contracts and proposals, mergers and acquisitions, financings, litigation, insurance, and other risk initiatives.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including but not limited to domestic and international commercial contracts, US Government contracts, confidentiality agreements, services agreements and leases. Manage and support proposals and all aspects of contracts, including change orders, as well as contractual processes. Provide legal and operational support for all departments for both government and commercial programs.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding legal and other risks throughout the organization. Develop and execute strategy to mitigate risks throughout the company. Support risk management initiatives, including insurance. Prepare clear and accurate internal and external communications.
- Manage company’s export compliance program. Research, advise on, provide training on, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, in particular Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Manage corporate governance for the company, including preparation of resolutions and consents. Support corporate structuring activities, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries, and international branch offices. Provide legal support and advice on matters relating to board and corporate governance best practices.
- Provide support for extraordinary transactions such as acquisitions, mergers and corporate financings. Support intellectual property initiatives. Manage outside legal counsel. Perform other duties as directed by the General Counsel.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in New York State
- 5+ years of legal experience
- Prior in-house counsel experience preferred
- Government contracts experience preferred
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities while professionally managing interruptions
- Must be organized and meet assigned deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.