Full Posting and To Apply: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/35042
Fast-paced, exciting work as a paralegal in the University at Buffalo School of Law’s Clinical Legal Education Program. We have ten clinics as well as several practicums and other service-learning courses. They each have eight to fourteen students enrolled per semester and serve myriad clients. Representation of these clients and work on other matters involves significant amounts of confidential and sensitive material.
As a Clinic Paralegal with the Clinical Program, you will spend the majority of your work time performing a combination of paralegal and administrative tasks which may include:
- Routine legal document creation, preparation, maintenance, and e-filing including legal documents such as Testimony, Closing Documents, Motions, Discovery Materials, Orders and Continuance Requests, as well as basic form letters to clients, opposing counsel and third parties.
- Creation and maintenance of clinic files through a web-based case management system, software such as Adobe Acrobat Pro, and other cloud-based online document storage systems.
- Calendaring of court hearings, important administrative and legislative deadlines, internal and external meetings will be a primary responsibility of this position.
- Providing general office support for faculty and staff
- Answering telephones and serving as a point of contact for Clinic visitors, guest, clients, etc.
- Supervising the sorting, processing and distributing mail according to office policies
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars for clinical rooms/ spaces
- Assisting student attorneys with maintaining organized time entries, case notes, and documents within thecase management system.
- Providing assistance to student attorneys with administrative tasks such as printing, scanning and mailingdocuments
The Clinic paralegal must possess excellent writing, verbal, and organizational skills. The ability to comprehend and act on assignments of varying complexity, while maintaining the ability to handle multiple assignments, is imperative. The ability to work on a team as well as independently is also required.
Additional details can be found on the website listed above.
• Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with some experience.
- Paralegal Certificate or a combination of education and law firm paralegal work
- Experience interacting with a broad and diverse population
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environmental with tight deadlines
- Exemplary organizational, time management and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task while dealing with diverse constituencies.
- Proficiency in data management and computer skills, including use and management of web-basedtechnology .
• Full Time / 1.0 FTE
The University at Buffalo School of Law is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong
institutional commitment to diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.