University at Buffalo School of Law invites applications for the position of Assistant Director for Alumni Affairs. The Assistant Director provides professional support for UB School of Law’s alumni program to help build strong, meaningful, long-term relationships between our law school graduates and their alma mater. The Assistant Director works closely with the Vice Dean for Alumni Affairs to support the UB Law Alumni Association (LAA) and GOLD Group officers and directors and regional chapter liaisons in their efforts to increase and promote alumni activity, enthusiasm, and engagement with the law school. These efforts include the planning and implementation of social, educational, and networking events and programs, the dissemination of alumni news, and the promotion of membership in the LAA.
- Support, promote, and implement School of Law Alumni Events, including but not limited to, recurring board meetings, Continuing Legal Education, awards programs and receptions, virtual events.
- Provide staff support for both Board and Chapter meetings/events hosted by the Law Alumni Association (LAA) and Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) group.
- Assist and help implement membership efforts and expand recruitment methods to increase membership with a focus on the WNY areas and five regions where alumni chapters have been established (Rochester, Albany, Washington DC, Central New York and New York City).
- Administrative contact for the Alumni office, collaborating with the various departments within the Law School (including communications, admissions, career services, finance, experiential learning, law library, etc.) and university alumni and advancement offices.
- Assist with strategic planning and alumni engagement tracking.
The University at Buffalo School of Law — the only law school in the State University of New York system — is situated on the flagship campus of a world-class research intensive public university, the largest in the northeastern United States. Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness.
Outstanding Benefits Package:
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- BA or BS required.
- At least two years of relevant work experience, preferably in Higher Education and/or Alumni Engagement.
- Deep knowledge of the legal community.
- Experience driving multiple projects to successful completion.
- Proficiency in executing programs and engaging events, on time and within budget.
- Excellent written, verbal, and digital communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and utilizing social media networks.
- Data analysis skills and experience making strategic/data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and virtual conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
- JD preferred
Salary Range $60,000 - $70,000