Human Rights Committee Meeting
The next meeting of the Human Rights Committee is scheduled for Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 12:15PM via Zoom. For meeting access details, email Daniel Ortega by clicking here.
NOTE: Our next meeting will be an abbreviated meeting ending at 12:45PM to encourage our members to attend the BAEC Vice Presidential Candidate Virtual Town Hall which starts at 1:00PM. Click here to register for this event.
HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE AGENDA
MAY 5, 2021
- Welcome to BAEC Candidates
- Special Projects Subcommittee:
- Save the date: Human Rights Committee CLE: Panel Discussion on Lead Paint Issues, June 10 at 12:00 noon
- Next meeting of subcommittee is May 4, 2021 at 4:00PM by Zoom
- Vanessa Glushefski, Director of Research & Program Development for New York State Assembly Majority Leader Crystal D. Peoples-Stokes, https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-glushefski-7a61034 , will be discussing the latest projects of the Majority Leader, including the recent marijuana expungement clinics https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/new-york-state-majority-leader-crystal-peoples-stokes-hosts-buffalo-marijuana-expungement-clinic/71-633e4a6f-ac84-45d4-874f-4c3c93b8a632
- Margaret Phillips, J.D., Associate Professor / Director, Paralegal Studies Program, Daemen College, will be discussing the emerging role of paralegals in civil justice efforts.