CLE: NYS Update on Civil Practice and Procedure 2022
Brian D. Gwitt, Esq., Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
William F. Savino, Esq., Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
With special thanks to Bernard Schenkler for preparation of the course material.
This seminar will cover salient developments in statutory and case law from 2020-2021 pertaining to civil practice in New York State, with a particular emphasis on decisions from the Fourth Department. The lectures and course materials will cover a wide array of issues under CPLR, including jurisdiction, statute of limitations, service and dispositive motions. Topics include:
- Legislative amendments to CPLR section
- Notices of Claim
- Jurisdiction over non-domiciliary entities under CPLR 302
- Limitations Periods
- Commencement and Pleadings
- Case updates on dispositive rulings
- Preservation of Evidence and Spoliation
Tuition Assistance is available. Click here for an application.