CLE: Curious About Being an Arbitrator? An Introduction to the Role
This program is presented by the BAEC Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, in Collaboration with the WNY Chapter of the Womens’ Bar Association of the State of New York and the Minority Bar Association of WNY
Thank you to our generous sponsor, Burgio Curvin & Banker Attorneys, we are able to offer this program free to members.
1.0 CLE credit: Skills (appropriate for all attorneys)
Click here to download flyer
Katie L. Kestel Martin, Esq., Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
Hilary C. Banker, Esq., Partner, Burgio, Curvin & Banker, Buffalo, New York
Melissa H. Nickson, Esq., Court Attorney Referee, 8th Judicial District Martin P. Violante ADR Center
- Locate the Authority for Arbitration
- Identify the components of a simple Arbitration
- Review basic provisions of framing documents (Agreement to Arbitrate/Arbitration Retainer/Pre-submission or Structure Letter (outlining expectations for participants)
- Consider how Arbitration may fit into current practice
- Recognize/Appreciate Skills a Successful Arbitrator will need to develop
BAEC, MBAWNY or WBASNY WNY Member? Email email@example.com to register for the program.
For non-members – Click the button below to register:
Please note the Zoom link and material will be provided to registrants 1-2 days before the program.