Secure Pass IDs are available to all New York attorneys. The ID card is a voluntary program and will allow holders to enter New York State courthouses without having to pass through magnetometers, while maintaining the highest level of security for the facility. ID Cards will now remain valid for 5 years.
All applicants must pay a $50.00 processing fee and undergo a thorough application process, including an electronic criminal history search before being provided with a special card that includes enhanced security features.
Applications for Secure Pass IDs are available in any New York State courthouse. All applicants must appear in person to both apply for and pick up the completed card. The processing time between application and delivery of the card is approximately 6-8 weeks.
You may renew your Seure Pass online at http://www.nycourts.gov/
Online renewals will use current photo on file. Online renewals will require only a single courthouse visit to pick up the new ID card and verify identity.
* Note: Attorneys applying for their first Secure Pass ID Card MUST continue to use the paper form and submit in person and pick up in person.
To expedite the application process please bring the following to the courthouse when applying for the card:
- $50.00 Payment - payable by check or credit card (MasterCard or Visa ONLY)
Make the check payable to:
NYS Office of Court Administration
25 Beaver Street, Room 821
New York, New York 10004
Attn: Secure Pass
- Attorney registration number (available on the Office of Court Administration web site)
- Two (2) color passport photos - Note: photos must have white or light solid color background.
- Two (2) forms of photo ID to verify identity. Acceptable forms of ID are valid passport, driver's license, other government-issued or employer-issued ID.
- If you are licensed to carry a firearm, your firearm permit.