There will be a $50 charge per job posting. To list a career opportunity, please email a brief job description to Director of Development, Maureen Gorski at email@example.com. The job notice will be included in the e-newsletter the week it is received and will remain on our site for four weeks unless otherwise requested. Employers will be invoiced for the job posting and payment is due upon receipt. Job postings must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon on Friday to be included in that week's newsletter.
People who know William Mattar Law Offices know: Hurt in a Car? Call William Mattar. William Mattar, P.C. opened the doors to this law firm with one goal in mind: helping people. And that's why William Mattar decided to focus the law firm's legal practice on motor vehicle accident cases. "Helping people is what we do." The firm's home office is located in Williamsville, NY servicing areas in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany.
More about us:
Top100 verdicts in New York in 2016
Best Companies to work for in 2017
Top 25 MVA 2016 verdicts in New York
We are seeking an Associate Attorney to handle client cases from the initial client meeting through resolution.
We require at least one (1) year of experience in a personal injury law firm or one year experience in the insurance industry handling personal injury claims.
Must have an excellent understanding of the CPLR, No Fault Regulations, various auto and property insurance coverage, and endorsements.
Candidate must be admitted to practice law in New York State and have a JD from an ABA accredited Law School.
Our firm offers generous Paid Time Off (PTO) to help its employees keep their work/life balance.
TO APPLY, Please use link provided:
Those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
William Mattar, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cohen & Lombardo, P.C. seeks attorney with 7+ years of civil litigation experience. We are seeking someone who is ambitious, hardworking, self-motivated, and confident, preferably from Western New York. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, 401k and more. Please submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to the attention of Rocco Lucente II C/O firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feldman Kieffer, LLP seeking to hire Associates with 0-3 years of experience. Must be admitted to the New York State Bar. Strong research and writing skills are required, as are strong interpersonal skills. Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to Adam C. Ferrandino, 110 Pearl Street, Suite 400, Buffalo, New York 14202 or preferably by email to email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Burden, Hafner & Hansen LLC seeks a full-time associate attorney admitted in New York with 4 to 6 years of experience in civil defense litigation. Applicants should be ambitious, hardworking, energetic, creative, detail oriented and possess excellent research and writing skills as well as a strong academic record. Competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Donna L. Burden, 605 Brisbane Building, 403 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14203; preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. E.O.E.
division of social justice labor bureau
assistant attorney general - new york city
The Labor Bureau of the New York State Office of the Attorney General is seeking an attorney to serve as an Assistant Attorney General (AAG) in the New York City office. The Labor Bureau has been nationally recognized for aggressively enforcing labor standards in low-wage industries. Specifically, the Labor Bureau brings civil and criminal prosecutions for violations of minimum wage, overtime, prevailing wage, and other critical labor laws. Recent matters include enforcement of core workplace rights of taxicab drivers, construction, fast food, restaurant, home health care, and other workers, as well as investigations in emerging areas, such as employer misuse of payroll cards, on-call scheduling, and non-compete agreements. The Labor Bureau also represents the New York State Department of Labor in its enforcement of state labor laws and handles that agency’s defensive litigation.
The position offers a unique opportunity to enforce core workplace laws in industries with high rates of violation as well as defend agency actions. The AAG will manage his/her own investigations and cases, including formulating strategies, developing investigations, and handling litigation. The AAG will interview witnesses, analyze data and documents (including electronically-stored information), draft pleadings and legal briefs, argue motions, take depositions, and negotiate settlements. In addition, there may be opportunities to handle appellate litigation and criminal prosecutions, conduct community and intergovernmental outreach, and work on legislative proposals and reports.
Applicants must have at least five (5) years of litigation experience and knowledge of major state and federal wage and hour laws. The ideal candidate will also have at least two (2) years of complex litigation experience. Superior writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to public service are also required. In addition, familiarity with communities of low-wage workers in New York State would be ideal but not required. Foreign language skills are a plus.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the OAG be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
How To Apply
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on this link: LAB_AAG_NYC_3116; applicants will be taken to the online application page for this position.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
- Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information on our Office, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.
Hamberger & Weiss is seeking applicants for a full-time associate attorney positions in its Buffalo and Rochester offices. The practice is limited to workers' compensation defense. Recent law school graduates awaiting bar results and admitted attorneys are encouraged to apply. Please forward a cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample. Applications for the Buffalo office should be sent to Mr. F. Daniel Bowers at email@example.com. Applications for the Rochester office should be sent to Mr. Ronald E. Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
assocate attorney - lippes mathias wexler friedman llp
The Buffalo Office of Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP seeks an ambitious attorney with two to five years of experience for an Associate position. The Real Estate Practice Group conducts work in all aspects of commercial real estate law, including, among other things, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, financing and property due diligence. The duties will focus on handling a wide variety of sophisticated commercial real estate matters with an emphasis on commercial leasing.
Strong communication skills, confidence, legal advocacy skills, and writing skills are required. Experience with commercial real estate and drafting and negotiating documents, including commercial leases, is preferred. Strong academic credentials, analytical skills, and verbal and written communication skills are also required. The attorney selected for this position must be a self-starter and will have the opportunity for immediate and direct client contact.
Our firm strives to maintain a positive, collaborative work environment. A new Associate in our Real Estate Department should expect to work hard with supportive and collegial colleagues in an environment that provides the necessary training and guidance in the specific areas of practice. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman is a growing law firm with over 65 attorneys located in 4 offices (Buffalo, Albany, New York City and Burlington, Ontario). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff, paralegals and attorneys to meet the expectations of our clients. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude of serving the client’s needs. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial, informal and open.
All interested applicants shall submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Martin L. Doster; Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com
executive director - neighborhood legal services
Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc. (NLS) is a private, not-for-profit organization, founded in 1976, providing free legal services to income-eligible individuals/families and persons with disabilities. NLS provides legal assistance in multiple areas, including housing, public benefits, family, and disability law. NLS employs over 75 attorneys and staff located in three offices serving Western New York.
NLS seeks a leader to promote and protect NLS’ vision and values through: program management; board relations; union relations; fiscal resource development, including grants, fundraising and donor cultivation; and creating strategic partnerships, both in the legal community and the community at large.
The ideal candidate for NLS Executive Director will have:
· Passion and demonstrated commitment to social and legal justice. Legal experience in fields that impact the impoverished and disabled is preferred;
· A demonstrated ability to achieve long-term goals through supervision, mentoring, teambuilding, and empowering a highly talented and diverse staff;
· A demonstrated understanding of, and/or direct experience with, policy and legislative advocacy, administrative rulemaking, impact litigation, communications (including social media), and innovative community-based partnerships;
· Ability to ensure that the organization is fiscally and administratively sound, and that its operations, communications, programs, partnerships, and development efforts are coordinated and support the mission;
· Five or more years of progressively responsible relevant experience, including experience in administrative leadership and collaborative team work;
· Ability and willingness to work with and delegate to multiple teams intra- and inter-organizationally, and to manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner;
· Commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion;
· Demonstrated initiative and creativity;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, active listening skills, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, cross-difference competence, and experience working with low-income client communities;
· Membership in good standing in a state bar;
· A healthy self-awareness, ability to manage change, a sense of humor, and the capacity to take enjoyment from creating and supporting a positive, high-performing organizational learning environment.
NLS offers a competitive compensation package with a salary scale commensurate with experience and skills, and good holiday, paid time off, and health care benefits.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Executive Director Search Committee
Neighborhood Legal Services
237 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo, NY 14203
NLS is an equal opportunity employer.
Gibson, McAskill & Crosby, LLP is seeking to hire a Litigation Associate with 2 to 5 years of experience. Must be admitted to the New York State Bar. Excellent communication, strong research/writing skills and some courtroom experience preferred. For more information about this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Office Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
tutor a student
Lawyers for Learning is a local program designed to assist our community's young people in improving their academic performance, self-esteem, and self-confidence, primarily through one-on-one tutoring. Tutoring is open to all members of the Erie County legal community, including judges, attorneys, legal secretaries, paralegals, law students, and retirees. Tutoring is a one-hour-per-week commitment. You may also sign up to tutor with other colleagues if you want to share the weekly commitment. Sessions can be held any day Monday-Friday 8:00-9:00 a.m., Monday-Thursday 4:00-5:00 p.m., or Monday-Thursday 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tutoring begins in mid-October and takes place at Buffalo School #18, 750 West Avenue in Buffalo. If you would like to volunteer to tutor a child, please visit www.lawyersforlearning.org to submit your application. For more information or questions, please contact the Lawyers for Learning tutoring coordinator, Ashlyn Capote at email@example.com or 716-853-3801. The School 18 students greatly appreciate this program and have shared the following video to express their appreciation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaexPFFvmE.
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an attorney. As a Field Counsel you will represent the company and its policyholders in civil litigation and workers' compensation matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage of a moderate value with moderately complex legal issues.
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters
- Conduct necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
- Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
- Interface with Home Office Legal department.
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar.
- Special license to practice before a particular board or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 1 successful year experience as an attorney.
- A general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and the company.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by written or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
Please respond to Destin C. Santacrose at Destin.Santacrose@libertymutual.com
associate level patent attorney
Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC, one of the largest firms in Upstate New York with over 250 attorneys, seeks an associate-level patent attorney to work in a team environment for its sophisticated and growing Intellectual Property practice in its Buffalo office. Candidates must have outstanding academic credentials and excellent communication skills with 2 to 4 years of experience, including experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications. While all technical disciplines will be considered, candidates will preferably possess an undergraduate or advanced degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or computer science. USPTO registration is required. We are an EEO Employer.
Please send resume and letter of application in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org