Home > Public Services
The Bar Association of Erie County offers many benefits for the public. Educational programs such as the Lawyer Referral & Information Service, the Speakers Bureau, and the You and the Law Line Radio Series are among the many resources available to the non-legal members of our community. Pamphlets on legal topics of interest to consumers are available from the Association without charge. Covering such topics as employment at will, living trusts, divorce mediation and numerous others, these brochures are produced as a public service.
The BAEC has a full-time staff that is available to answer questions about the Association, membership and services. However, for the community, there is NO licensed attorney on staff, and legal advice cannot be secured by contacting the Bar Asssociation's office.
- Aid To Indigent Prisoners Society, Inc. Assigned Counsel Program
- Attorney/Client Fee Dispute Arbitration Program
- BAEC Location & Directions
- Elder Law Fair
- Have a Heart Food Drive
- Judicial Candidates' Ratings
- Law Day Poster Contest
- Lawyers for Learning Program
- Lawyer Referral & Information Service
- Legal Organizations
- Mock Trial Tournament
- Speakers Bureau
- Statement of Client's Rights
- Stop DWI Program
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- You and the Law on WNED-AM and WBFO-FM
For additional information about the Bar Association of Erie County's public services and educational programs contact our staff at 716-852-8687.