Product Code 2127
Presented on June 26, 2008 - 2.0 CLE Credits: Skills
DVD Only: $50 BAEC Members, $100 Non-Members
DVDs can be rented at no charge for individuals not seeking CLE credit
The New York State Court System recently introduced electronic filing and service through the New York State Courts Electronic Filing System (“NYSCEF”) in Erie County Surrogate's Court. Erie County is a pilot venue for e-filing in Surrogate's Court and NYSCEF is available in probate or administration proceedings, miscellaneous proceedings related thereto, and such other proceedings as the court permits.
E-filing provides the following benefits to attorneys:
• Documents can be filed in court or served 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
• Court fees can be paid online by credit card at any time.
• The electronic case file is accessible at any time from anywhere, both to attorneys and self-represented parties in the case.
• The system is easy to learn and use.
• There are no fees to use the system other than the normal filing fees.
• Documents can be printed from the file at no charge.
• The system provides instantaneous e-mail notice to participating e-filers when the court issues and files a decree, order, decision or judgment in a case.
• Commonly-used hardware and software are all that is required.
Attorneys and self-represented litigants must register as NYSCEF users and obtain a secure password. The simple process for doing so is explained in this program.
Make Selection Below to Order Online:
Please indicate shipping or pick up